Saturday, July 18, 2009

Somebody stop me!!

It’s no secret that I enjoy shopping…therefore, it should come as no surprise that I have already purchased quite a few things for our baby girl in the 5 weeks since we found out her gender (against my sister-in-law's wise advice). I have done most of the shopping online – where the best deals are, and let’s face it, what beats shopping your pj’s? While Brian really enjoys the weekly surprises on our doorstep, I think he is starting to worry that I am going a little overboard – hence, we had “the talk” last weekend, and I agreed to take it down a notch. But it is so hard! As I told him, she will change sizes 4 times in the first two years of her life, so I will need 4 wardrobes in the next 2 years! Why not get started now when work is calm and I am not busy with the baby in all my spare time? After all, things are at their cheapest given the recession…great rationalizations, right?

We recently ordered furniture for Baby P’s nursery, but until her dresser arrives, I laid all of her clothes on our guest bed. Below are some pics of the stockpile (some of these items are gifts for which I am VERY thankful!). I usually get ready in the guest bathroom in the morning, and I love to gaze at these and picture what she will look like in all of these outfits, at each different age.


Since she will be born in November, these boots are a requirement to help her survive the harsh Chicago winter!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is hilarious! I can't say I'm surprised - when I heard you were having a girl my first thought was "she will be the best dressed baby around." Can't wait to see pics of the little one in all these duds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have one stylish little girl! So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete